Saturday, March 3, 2012

What I've learned from Serving a Mission


Serving a mission has done wonders for me! I’ve learned a lot about life and who I want to be. What kind of friend, member & father I want to be.
When I first came out I was on fire! I didn’t have a clue what I was doing, but I loved it and tried to work hard. The MTC did wonders for me! It taught me a lot on how to teach, how to bring in the spirit and how to be obedient. I loved every minute of it!
Then to the field! From Lincoln, to Gridley, to Auburn & to Antelope! I’ve learned so much! I’ve learned that obedience brings blessings, not just that, but it brings happiness! An obedient missionary is a happy missionary!...I’ve learned that talking to everyone is fun! You can’t judge people by how they look! You just gotta talk to people, be polite & respectful, bear testimony frequently! I know the mission has helped me a lot! Serving the Lord has strengthened my faith and conviction and has helped me lead people to the waters of baptism and eternal life!
I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that this is His Church. I know President Monson is his servant and prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ and that the words will bring you closer to Christ than any other book! I know this is Christ’s church. I know that families can be together forever through the plan of Salvation and Christ’s atonement! I know He lives and loves all of his Children and that we can pray to God to feel and know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment